FD Feedburner Plugin for WordPress
As of May 2016, this plugin is not being maintained and will not receive any future updates. I no longer use WordPress to run my personal websites and keeping the plugin current with new releases has become a chore. Seek alternatives.
Redirects the main feed and optionally the comments feed to Feedburner.com. It does this seamlessly without the need to modify templates, setup new hidden feeds, modify .htaccess files, or asking users to migrate to a new feed. All existing feeds simply become Feedburner feeds seamlessly and transparently for all users. Just tell the plugin what your Feedburner feed URL is and you’re done.
- WordPress 2.0 or higher.
- Compatible with all web servers including Apache and IIS.
To install the plugin:
- Copy fdfeedburner.php into wp-content/plugins.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins tab in WordPress.
- First, go to feedburner.com and burn your feed.
- Then go to the plugin configuration by clicking the Plugins menu and then clicking the Feedburner Plugin sub-menu.
- Enter the Feedburner feed URL.
- If the “Append category slug to feedburner URL” option is enabled, category feeds will be redirected to your main feed with the category slug appended. For example, if you’re main feed is “feeds.feedburner.com/myfeed” and your category slug is “music” then the feed for that category will be redirected to “feeds.feedburner.com/myfeed_music”.
After you configure your feed, due to caching it probably won’t redirect to Feedburner until you make a new post.
If you put AdSense advertising in your feed then Google will automatically redirect your feed again to feedproxy.google.com. That works seamlessly and transparently with this plugin. However, there are reported issues with feedproxy.google.com that may cause your subscriber counts to be off. Some people mistake this for a problem with the plugin but it is not.
Nothing else that I know of. Let me know if it doesn’t work for you.
Copyright © 2006 John Watson
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.