Random thoughts and tidbits from elsewhere
August 5th, 2008
When I have random thoughts I write them down, or Jott them, or record voice memos. Sometimes they accumulate into something cohesive and meaningful and less random. This… this is some of the more, uh, entropic stuff.
- So, Cuil. I don’t think it’ll catch on because people would rather google themselves than cuil themselves.
- The lovely and talented wife was miming typing on a computer and every so often she’d ding and hit the carriage return lever. I think that explains a lot.
- There is water on Mars. We might be able to grow plants there, transform it to support human life, and have martian babies. Yay!
- I heart librarians.
- I had to listen to a children’s version of Vertigo on Friday (you know, “uno, dos, tres, catorce”). Surprisingly, worse than the original.
- Sitting down? Move your right foot in clockwise circles. Then, while you’re doing that, draw the number 6 in the air slowly with your right hand. (via Caterina.net)
- I recently read Old Man’s War which was awesome. I just realized that it’s part of a trilogy but I think I may leave it because I don’t want to spoil it.
- The “food” industry spent $1.6 billion in 2006 telling kids what to eat. Soda advertisers spent seven times as much as milk advertisers.
- Danny Elfman is composing for the American Ballet Theater. Yes, that Danny Elfman. We’ve got tickets.